Sunday, March 11, 2012

cb1000r catalytic eliminator

First of all some burning smell was noticed when the engine riches high temperature.
After quick inspection I found that the chain aria is full of dirty grease. Especially the catalytic.
So I decided cleaning it and .... remove the catalytic also :-)

Before
After


After the cleaning process accomplished I disconnected the exhaust.
It has 2 mounts and one clamp, which connecting it to the catalytic. 




Now the catalytic's turn:
It has one frame mount and 2 clamps, which connecting it to the exhaust pipe.
The catalytic is pretty have, so put something under if when disconnecting.
During the disconnection tries I realized that a rear wheel shall be also detached. 
I don't have any stand or lift, so I've got help from friends :-) Thank you for that.

The eliminator itself



Then I tried the sound without the muffler .... :-) my wife called me and asked what happened :)))) the sound
was really demonic!!!
The exhaust was fitted back and I tested the sound again. It a bit stronger then before and a bit nicer.


I can't say I feel the difference in riding ... but folks saying it increase the horsepower by 2-3 points.

   

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Please visit instagram viewer

    ReplyDelete